Custom Conversions in Facebook are mostly used to track events on your website that are NOT covered already by the "Standard Events". For example, in Trackify we fire a "ViewCart" event when a visitor views the cart without adding a product. If you would want to track the ViewCart event or even optimize a campaign for it, you would have to create a Custom Conversion in Facebook.
The video below shows you how to do that...
Please Note: The filter setup dialogues that are shown in this video have DYNAMIC MENUS on Facebook.
That means you won't be able to see or select any Event based values or parameters prior to running traffic to your store that fires this event data.
You will be able to set up the correct filters after having product visits, add to carts, and purchases in your store.
Below these videos we also have screen shots if you want to move faster.
Now that you've built them, what do you do with them?
Check out this video to see how to pull Custom Conversions into reports and use them for optimizing your ads:
Refer to this screen shot sequence if you don't like videos:
- Go to Custom Conversions
- Click Add Conversion
- Select the Event you want to use
- The events are under the popup that says "All URL Traffic"
- ONLY events that have had traffic will show
- You can type in the event to narrow down the list
- You CANNOT select or add an event that hasn't had any traffic yet
4. AFTER selecting the event, select "Event Parameters" for Rule 1 from the drop down that says "URL".
5. Then select a parameter to narrow down the rule
- For Trackify tag-based filters select content_name
- You can find custom parameters further down in that drop down
6. Finish the filter selection:
- Always select "Contains", except when the parameter is using numeric values where >, < or = would make sense.
- Type in a filter term (like a tag name etc.); you can use multiple tags in the same Rule filter
- Finally, enter a Name: Use something you won't confuse with a standard conversion, like "Purchase"!
- Leave value blank
When you click Create, you will see this confirmation dialog: