This video is a walk-through for the written checklist and instructions below:
You should check your store product and cart pages with FB Pixel Helper immediately after installing Trackify. Preferably give it a check before you even insert any pixel ID's anywhere into Trackify. That way you know that any remaining pixels on the page are not coming from Trackify yet.
Note: Facebook Pixel Helper is a free Google Chrome Extension that you can get here. It may be advisable to test pixel events in an Incognito window. Please refer to this help article to learn how to enable Facebook Pixel Helper for Incognito mode.
Any code for Facebook related pixels that you want Trackify to handle needs to be removed from your store if it was installed manually before.
Please note: You can turn all Trackify pixel fires OFF temporarily without uninstalling the app. Just go to the Trackify settings page and turn the On/Off switch to "OFF" and save the settings. This may make it easier to determine which pixel fires are coming from other sources.
Duplicate Events Checklist
The most common sources and locations for code (FB Pixel AND Conversion pixels - old) are:
- Shopify Facebook Integration field in Online Store ==> Preferences
- Kit app (not compatible with Trackify, needs to be removed!)
- "Facebook Marketing" app (not compatible with Trackify, needs to be removed!)
- Shoelace App (compatible with Trackify, but you need to contact Shoelace support and request that "standard events need to be suspended" - they will understand that request and remove the events that interfere with your use of Trackify)
- Another app. Other apps that are typical offenders: Adroll, Vantage, Mamaya (these all use your pixel!), retargetapp uses their own pixel and does not interfere with yours. As a general rule, apps that use YOUR pixel need to avoid using standard events, because if they do that interferes with your use of Trackify. If the apps use their own pixel, there usually aren't any duplicate events.
- Theme template files: theme.liquid, index.liquid, product.liquid, cart.liquid (if any code has been inserted their manually it needs to be removed!)
- Some other file in the snippet folder named product.liquid or product.js (manual inserted code needs to be removed!)
- Google Tag Manager (it's best to remove the include line from theme.liquid; if you are using GTM for other purposes, you should disable any Facebook pixel related code from it in the GTM setup)
- Checkout Settings additional code box (particularly if only your Purchase events are doubling up: Any Facebook Pixel related code that has been inserted in the same field as the Trackify Ninja Mode code needs to be removed!)
If you need help with this, please contact us through the in-app chat widget in your Trackify admin (please don't use the chat on this page for this purpose!)
Did you know? While we can not provide developer services that pertain to theme customization free of charge, we do offer a complete pixel review and installation service for a flat fee of $199. This includes installation, removing of any unwanted pixel events, customization of ATC events, removing rr_track tags from showing in your store if needed and catalog feed build. For a limited time, we offer a $100 discount - use the code pixel100 at checkout to take advantage of this offer: Please click her to order