This checklist will help you fix the Business Manager permission settings for your Facebook profile so you won't have any issues accessing anything in Facebook and Trackify.
1. Account and Pixel Checklist
- Did you create a Business Manager on Facebook and either claim your personal ad account into it, or create a new ad account in the Business Manager?
Note: The ad account has to have a payment method setup in order to have certain features enabled that are shown below!
- Did you create a Facebook Pixel?
- Did you create it inside your Ad Account
- Or did you create the pixel in your Business Manager?
- If you created the pixel in the Business Manager, you need to set two permissions so you can access that pixel properly:
1. Assign the pixel to a person (yourself) as a Pixel Editor
2. Assign the pixel to an ad account (see image below, open it in a new tab to enlarge.)
Older UI view in Facebook:
If you have gone this far, you should see the pixel in the Trackify dropdowns (after refreshing the page in the Trackify admin), and you should be able to create Custom Audiences in Facebook and Trackify.
If you get a message in Trackify that says you have not accepted the Facebook TOS when trying to create your first audience, you need to go to Facebook and create an audience there. In the process of doing that, you will accept the TOS, and then you can continue to create audiences from within Trackify.
2. Catalog and Business Manager Checklist
Note: If you are missing a Business Manager in Trackify that you can access in Facebook, please go through THESE STEPS FIRST! <== Click! Then continue below.
Business Managers are used in Trackify ONLY to create Facebook Catalogs. It does not matter which Business Manager you've saved in Trackify. When you select a Business Manager in the Catalog Builder, you will then see the pixels in the drop down selections that are accessible within that Business Manager (and accessible to your Facebook profile).
However, for the purpose of Catalogs, it is important that your permissions with regards to the pixel are set IN THE Business Manager that you want to use to place the catalog!
The permissions needed for that purpose are the same as in the checklist above: You need to have your personal profile (as a "Person") added to the Pixel as "Pixel Editor" in the Business Manager where you want to place the catalog.
For that reason, the Trackify settings that are available in the Add Catalog tab allow you to select the Business Manager:
In TrackifyX, this feature is located in the Catalog Manager:
The dropdown for the pixel IDs in that screen will show only the pixels that you've been added to as "Pixel Editor" WITHIN THE SELECTED Business Manager!